Monarchs and other butterflies are pollinators, which play a pivotal role in shaping the world around them. They gather and spread pollen far and wide, helping to create natural diversity. They enable growth of many plants and crops, and generate something larger than themselves. Pollinators are powerful instruments of change.
Be a pollinator - stand up for our natural world with The Nature Conservancy. Every acre we protect, every water source we secure, every child we introduce to the wonder of nature, begins with you.
- Learn about the amazing monarch butterfly and share the wonder of nature!
- Get creative. Download monarch butterfly coloring sheets – use more than one to create a mural, mobile, puppet show, or other masterpiece.
- Plant milkweed and other pollinator-friendly plants in garden boxes or your yard. Your family will help monarchs, bring beauty to your home, and have fun.
- Connect with us! Sign up for our e-newsletter and follow us on social media.
- Visit one of the Migrating Murals in Florida or beyond.
- Be a citizen scientist. Small actions add up to big impact when you are part of a community-wide effort. Access resources and share your lawn and garden actions with the Conservancy’s Habitat Network and see how together we can create migratory corridors and habitat havens for butterflies, birds, and other wildlife.
- Explore nature at a conservancy, preserve, or public park near you. While you’re at it, go on a natural treasure hunt.
- Support science education in your schools. Nature Works Everywhere provides standards-aligned curriculum and garden grants to show children how nature works for us. Download lesson plans, educator resources, and a school garden grant application.
Take Action to Inspire Others
- Advocate to keep nature on the federal agenda. Share your concern with your elected officials and urge them to act in 2018 to protect people and nature.
- Share your updates using #saveourbutterflies and tag @FullSail and @NatureFlorida.
- Support our work in Florida and around the globe.
- Challenge your friends, family and community to stand up for nature. The world we depend on for food, water, energy, and outdoor access, depends on us! Share your commitment. Ask people to join you. Speak up for science-based solutions that support nature and people.